Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My First Ticonderoga


I picked up a blister pack of 4 'My First Ticonderoga' in 2009 on a trip to the US. The blister pack has 4 pencils and a sharpener.

They're fat pencils, in the trademark green and yellow Ticonderoga colors. Absolutely perfect for little hands who're just beginning to write. However, I'm mad about stationery so I started using these myself.

I absolutely love them!
Compare the thickness with a regular pencil


I enjoy the control that the fat pencils give. Smooth core with a neat eraser. The pencil weight is just enough for little hands to manage conveniently.

The hardness of the pencil is a standard US #2 which is the worldwide HB. I personally prefer softer pencils, but for children, HB is possibly more suitable since they tend to use more pressure while writing.

To understand pencil grading, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil

Unfortunately these Ticonderoga pencils aren't available in India; however, you can buy them from Amazon.com with ease. If you have someone traveling to India from the US, you can buy them off Amazon, have it shipped to the person in the US who can then bring it to you! I plan on ordering a bigger pack soon!

I give them a rating of 4.5 on 5.  (Just because I'm a wee bit finicky)

Here's the Amazon link for the bigger pack of 12 (much more economical than the blister pack of 4) :
Ticonderoga My First Ticonderoga Primary Size 2 Beginner Pencils, Box of 12, Yellow (33312)

No comments:

Post a Comment